1. Fantasy has characters with silly names. Yep, main characters' names don't get any sillier than Bilbo, Tyrion and Harry. They should be Billy-Bob, Timmy, and... er... Hugh.
2. Evil creatures who inflict pain on others shouldn't be ludicrously labelled Nazgûl, White Walkers or Dementors. They should be demons, devils and dentists.
3. Dark Lords shouldn't be called dumb names like Sauron, Morgoth or Voldemort, and should instead be called by their accurate sensible-sounding names: Satan, Lucifer and Beelzebub.
4. You can make anything happen in fantasy (which is different to other types of fiction where you can only write about things that have actually happened).
5. Fantasy makes you escape from reality (whereas other types of fiction allow you to go through all your real-life activities while simultaneously holding a book in your hand and reading).